This guide on “How to Start a Blog” helps anyone to create a top-notch, eye-grasping, SEO ready blog on WordPress in 5 minutes or less time than it.
Once If you bought a hosting with FastComet, you could follow our step by step detailed guide on how to create a blog that makes money through blogging.
- 1 How To Start a Blog
- 2 How to get hosting with FastComet
- 3 How to set up your blog
- 4 Publish your first blog post
How To Start a Blog
I dividing the process into three steps
- How to get hosting with FastComet
- How to set up your blog
- Things to do after setting up your blog
Check our updated FastComet review here.
How to get hosting with FastComet
The reason why I recommend FastComet is simply because it is the best hosting on the planet.
FastComet is the modern, reliable cloud web hosting provider which provides
- 99.99% uptime servers
- 24/7/365 even on New year eve support
- Free domain for lifetime
- Same renewal price forever
- Fast loading WordPress, Magneto optimized hosting
In fact, this blog is hosted on FastComet hosting; you can check the uptime and loading time below.
With that, I believe you love FastComet and here is how to start a blog with FastComet.
#1 Go https://fastcomet.com
There are different types of plans. They are
- StartSmart ~ ideal for hosting single website
- ScaleRight ~ ideal for hosting multiple websites
- SpeedUp ~ ideal for hosting established or e-commerce sites
For this tutorial, I assume you choose StartSmart plan, and upon clicking it, you will be moved to the next step.
Since FastComet provides a free domain for the lifetime, you can actually register a free domain or use your already existing domain.
- I choose, register a domain for free and entered a new domain name and click next.
- Since you’re a new customer, enter the billing details
- Choose datacenter nearer to you; I always prefer Dallas or Chicago datacenter.
- Pay the amount using the credit card or PayPal.
- Once you are done with it, you can start setting up your site.
How to set up your blog
Once you signed up with FastComet, you will get a welcome mail like the one below
- You will find username & password followed by CPanel login URL.
- Login into the Cpanel using the credentials.
- CPanel is the place where you will control your hosting account.
- Before installing WordPress, I suggest you choose a professional email address for your blog.
Suppose your domain name is google.com and you can create an email address like hello @ google.com
Likewise, create an email address to make yourself more professional, since you might use the email blog to pitch the companies.
Search for email accounts in Cpanel and open it, choose your prescribed email address.
- Next, you need to install SSL certificate.
- Don’t get panic. It’s dead easy to do.
- FastComet partnered with Let’s Encrypt to offer free SSL for its visitors for a free life.
- Search as Let’s encrypt, and new windows load up, and you can find the website address, on the right side of your domain, click issue and that’s it.
- If you still fear about it, raise a ticket and FastComet will take care of it 🙂
Next step is to install WordPress on your domain. Search as “softaculous, ” and you will open it.
You will find the options WordPress.
- Click on install and keep the directory folder empty as prescribed below.
- Enter site name and description and Save the username and password
- Keep a note of Username and password separately.
- Finally, click install and once completed within seconds, you can login into the site.
Now you have completed website setup and follow the next guide.
Things to do after setup of your blog
Once you logged in, navigate to the WordPress dashboard and have a glance throughout it.
Navigate to settings, and then to the permalink.
Chose the option, post name since its the best way to show your posts.
#2 Delete unwanted things.
Navigate to Plugins -> Installed Plugins.
Delete Dolly plugin.
Navigate to Page -> All pages
Navigate to Post -> All posts.
Delete all the posts and pages.
#3 Fill the necessary details.
Navigate right corner of the page, and you can see Howdy, Name.
- Click edit my profile and fill up necessary details
- Also, go to settings menu and fill up the details.
#4 Install a WordPress Theme
I usually use a variety of themes both free and paid themes.
For Free themes – Check on WordPress.org
Paid themes – https://studiopress.com
For more functionality and more conversions, use Studiopress Genesis themes, and they have a great option for different types of blog themes like Food theme, travel blog theme, etc.
#5 Install the necessary plugins
Install some of the necessary plugins.
- Yoast SEO
- WP Edit
- WP Smush
- Google Analytics
- Contact Form 7
- W3 Total Cache
This is some of the essential plugins you need to have to before publishing your first blog post.
When you install the plugins, each plugin requires you to do some small work like filling up site details, do it to make the work of plugin easier.
All the plugins mentioned here are free of cost.
Publish your first blog post
Navigate to Posts -> Add New.
The below image shows you all.
Tips to make your first income and continue making $10k per month
- Publish great blog posts, regularly.
- Share the blog posts with your community on Social Media sites
- Do a guest post on various blogs.
- Promote affiliate offers / create own products
If you follow the above steps, then I’m sure you will make your first dollar in a month and will reach $5k in a year, maybe $10k based on the niche you choose.
We started this blog to enable everyone to start their own blog without the need of developers.
This guide can help anyone who is looking for a perfect “how to start a blog” tutorials and don’t forget to contact us if you have any queries or struck between any steps.
Do share this create a blog guide with your friends.